Holiday Greetings! That's the Memory Box Challenge, #31, for this month. Have you submitted an entry yet? Maybe my gatefold card today will provide some inspiration.
- I began with a pre-scored gatefold notecard where the two side panels close to meet in the center on the front of the card. I added a 2" wide strip of Blueberry Distressed Dots paper to each of those side panels and I added a 4" wide piece on the inside center.
- I die cut two 3.7" circles from white cardstock using the new WRAPPED CIRCLES DIE 30114 and one from the Blueberry Distressed Dots paper 3.1" in diameter. This is a great set of 6 circle dies with interesting stitching on the edges.
- I cut the CLASSIC ICE SKATES 99889 from white cardstock. I adhered them to the smaller dot paper circle and then used a tape runner to add that to one of the larger white circles.
- I then used the tape runner on the left half of the assembled circle piece and secured it to the left panel of the card front. I added a small blue gem to the center of the bow.
Now for the inside:
- On the inside of the card, I added the other white circle lined up with the front one.
- I then die cut the three PICCOLO SNOWFLAKES 99850 from more of the dots paper. I stacked them up using glue dots and used another glue dot to secure it to the white circle. I added a small white adhesive-backed dot to the center.
- I stamped "merry Christmas" from the MERRY CHRISTMAS SENTIMENTS CLEAR STAMP SET CL5212using Blueberry Sky dye ink (Papertrey Ink).
I like the way this card stands slightly open to give at hint at what's inside. And I like that it opens in a way that is different from most holiday cards.
The next challenge for me is to write messages in all of the cards I've made, address and stamp the envelopes, and get them to the post office.