Polar bears play in the snow on two cards today! Winter's on the way!
- I used the new POWDER Notecards as the base for each card and white cardstock for everything else.
- The next layer (the snowflakes) was created using the stencil WINTER SNOWFLAKES 88609 with the embossing plates stack to create a textured snowy sky for each scene.
- I added a hill to each card with the larger die from CURVED STITCH HILLTOPS 99871.
- I stamped the polar bears from the PLAYTIME ELVES CLEAR STAMP SET CL5216 using Archival Jet Black Ink and cut them out with the PLAYTIME ELVES DIE SET 32216. I layered three bears on top of each other to make bears that were more dimensional, and I used a Prismacolor Cloud Blue pencil to add some shading to the bears' outlines.
- For the card with the three bears, I used dimensional foam dots to raise the hill. I placed one bear flat against the sky tucked behind the hill, one flat at the bottom of the hill on the right, and popped up the third bear.
- I glued on one of the PICCOLO SNOWFLAKES 99850, added some Clear Wink of Stella to it and to the dots on the background and the top of the hill.
I thought I should have a polar bear on a sled for the second card.
- Using the Playtime Elves stamps I stamped the elf riding on the sled twice and cut it out using the coordinating die. I glued the two layers together and then snipped off the elf. (Sorry, Elf.) I colored the sled with Dark Brown and Sienna Prismacolor pencils.
- I took one of the three-layered polar bears and glued its feet to the sled. I then put dimensional foam dots behind the bear and positioned him sliding downhill.
- I used Clear Wink of Stella on all of the snowflakes and dots on the sky background and on the hill.
- To finish this card I stamped "warm WISHES" from the Playtime Elves clear stamp set using Archival Jet Black ink.
Two more cards done for my holiday stash! How are you coming with your cards for the upcoming holiday season???