« Happy Easter
by Penny Ward
| Main | Windswept and Magnificent Mum
by Shelby Thomas »

Mon 27

Imagine
by Sherry Hester

Good morning all! Spring is on its way, and today's card is just that, Springy, using one of the latest dies from the Floral Harmony collection. I've been itching to play with this one, and play I did! I won't lie ... this one was a little more labor intensive than a lot of my cards, and because it's so 3-D, it's one that I would recommend handing to a recipient rather than mailing it. 

Imagine - 1

I created a top folding green A2 card base. I cut a piece of white card stock to 5" x 3.75", sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink through the Distressed Grid stencil, and then splattered on some Black Soot Distress Ink. You might notice on the picture below that it looks like two pieces of card stock were used ... and you'd be right, but it wasn't my original plan. I had first mounted this piece to a white card base, but it looked too plain, so since it was already glued down ... and I didn't want to start over on this piece ... I had to cut off the borders to size it down before adhering it with foam tape to the green card base.

Imagine - 2a

I next cut another piece of white card stock to 2.5" x 3.5", and sponged on Peeled Paint, keeping it lighter on the right side and intensifying it on the left. I cut two of the full Antilles Floral Bouquet die, and snipped off the flowers and leaves from one of them. I then made two more cuts of only the flowers, which is easily done by sandwiching just the flowers between the cutting plates instead of the entire die.  I used a Forest Moss marker to color the stems, and water colored Peeled Paint onto the leaves of the full bouquet cut, as well as the three leaves snipped from the other full bouquet. I then adhered thee leaves over the corresponding leaves of the first full die cut for dimension. 

I inked an acrylic block with Dried Marigold and Squeezed Lemonade, spritzed with water, and used a paint brush to pick up the color and apply it to all of the flowers. I kind of "plopped" on the color rather than painting it on solidly. I used only a little of the Squeezed Lemonade, and added more of the Dried Marigold.  I next sprayed some water onto the backs of the loose flowers, and used the narrow end of a stylus on a foam pad to distress each petal. Using a wider end of a stylus, I depressed the centers, then turned each one over and depressed again, this time more firmly, to cause the flowers to cup up nicely. While still damp, I squeezed the petals of the flowers for added shape, then let them all dry.

Imagine - 3_edited-1

I then layered two of the loose flowers to each of the base flowers, offsetting each layer. I also colored the little "star" and circle buds on the stem with Dried Marigold. Once this was done, I added some black gems to the flower centers, and then adhered the entire assembled bouquet to the right side of the sponged piece. I die cut the Sketchbook Imagine from black card stock and adhered it along the left side of this piece, as shown. This was then adhered to the card front with foam tape. I decided to add another two-layered flower to the bottom o f the piece as shown.

Imagine - 4

I honestly had so  much fun making these little flowers. If you  haven't done this before, you'll see what I mean when you give it a try. It's not easy to stop! As always, thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!!!

Sherrysig

 

Comments