My wall hanging started from the fantastic branch die. I had visions of cherry blossoms. Our winter has been very mild and it feels like spring here already. Now I have a wall hanging that will keep the spring flowers blooming until the real ones show up!
- Cut three pieces of corrugated cardstock. (4" x 4" (2), 4" x 3 1/2" (1))
- Paint with white acrylic paint. Wait for them to dry.
- Tear off portions of the cardboard to reveal the inside of the cardboard.
- Sponge on a touch more of white acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Sponge edges with brown dye ink. (Mine picked up some glimmer mist from the steps below)
- Die cut three branches from white cardstock.
- Sponge branches with brown dye ink.
- Glimmer mist white cardstock with pink bubblegum glimmer mist. Let dry.
- Glimmer mist white cardstock with jazz blue glimmer mist. Let dry. (I always glimmer mist a whole piece of cardstock as I end up using the other bits for other projects.)
- Glimmer mist seam binding in blue.
- Stamp Dreams text using brown ink on pink cardstock. Repeat until surface is covered.
- Stamp Dreams text stamp using brown archival ink onto cardboard pieces. Repeat until surface of cardboard is covered.
- Die cut flowers from pink cardstock. Repeat until number of desired flowers are cut.
- Die cut dragonflies from blue cardstock. Two large dragonflies and two small dragonflies.
- Assemble dragonflies. Apply glue to wings and sprinkle with ultra-fine crystal glitter. Apply glue to body sprinkle with blue glitter glass.
- Measure and poke holes into cardboard to attach pieces together. Attach with jump rings and chains.
- Attach branches to cardboard. Attach flowers randomly to branches.
- Stamp sentiment (Spring Sings) in bottom corner using brown archival ink. (I would have embossed this to have it stand out more. So keep your embossing powder on hand.)
- Attach dragon flies to panels.
- Attach ribbon to hang wall hanging.