I don't know about you, but I'm running short on time here for getting everything made that's on my to-do list! One project that has gone pretty quickly is my 2012 calendar. A huge time-saver was buying 2012 DIY Calendars from Paper Source (www.paper-source.com). These little 12-page kits come boxed in a CD jewel case and are all ready for me to just add stamping.
The other huge time saver was that I had already pulled appropriate stamps and inks for each month into plastic containers for use with a class at Your Maine Stamper. I had lots of stamps to choose from in my Memory Box collection! Once I stamped all of my images, I added color with Prismacolor Pencils. I used Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan Ink most of the time, and I've indicated any other inks I used in the lists below.
- F1287 Owl Branch
- B1378 snowflakes from the end of Snow Day in Ancient Page Neptune (These hardly show up in this scan, but they are sprinkled around the word January and in the space at the end of the month.)
- D1312 Tree of Love (hearts mounted on the side) in Colorbox Chalk Chestnur Roan with Festive Berries Distress Ink
- B1424 heart on the end of Valentines Duo in Festive Berries Distress Ink
- B1423 hearts on the end of Love and Hearts in Festive Berries Distress Ink
- B669 Car & Heart in Festive Berries Distress Ink
- D1376 Meadow Birds
- E1336 Shamrock (clover on the side) in Evergreen Bough Distress Ink...I stamped the large shamrock first on another piece of paper and then over the March dates for a more faded look.
- C1004 Birdhouses
- D1127 Bird and Nest with the nest in VersaFine Vintage Sepia and the bird in Archival Sepia
- B1731 clouds on the side of Fence in Memento London Fog
- D1342 Orchard Bird in Iced Spruce, second stamping for faded image on the April dates
- B1209 Bright Sun in Mustard Seed Distress Ink
- D1365 Birds in the Trees in Evergreen Bough Distress Ink
- C1041 Forget-Me-Not Sprig in Evergreen Bough Distress Ink, second stamping for faded image on the May dates
- C1714 Cocoa Bean Butterfly
- C1355 Dotty Butterfly
- E1713 Wonderland Butterfly (second stamping)
- C1010 Outline Tree
- D1347 Dotty Tree Birds
- C1311 Sonoma Print in Festive Berries Distress Ink (second stamping)
- F1770 On the Lake
- D1273 Build a Tree, trunk in Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan Ink, leaves in Evergreen Bough Distress Ink
- E1392 Old Fence
- B1389 Crow
- B1798 Cat and Moon
- C1137 Chair
- all of these were stamped with Archival Jet Black Ink
- D1346 Branchy Topiary in Iced Spruce Distress Ink
- D1414 Winterberry Wreath
- D1298 Tree Border in Iced Spruce Distress Ink (second stamping)
- D1396 Poinsettia Outline in Archival Jet Black Ink
- B1416 Holly Sprig in Iced Spruce Distress Ink (second stampings)
- C308 Pile of Gifts in Archival Jet Black Ink
There are lots of free calendars available on the Internet for printing out so you can create your own 2012 calendar. Think about framing each month with some wonderful Memory Box papers! With so many images available, I'm sure that you can create some stellar calendars of your own!
When I did this in my class, we also discussed how each month could turn into a card front. Just think--TWELVE cards ready to send out, highlighting a date each month for the lucky recipient whether it be a birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation, new baby...you get the idea. I think that's just what I'm going to do with one of mine!
Happy Stamping! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!