Welcome to day 1 of our Winter release blog blitz. Now through Friday, there will be two posts a day featuring the dies and stencils of the Winter 2014 release.
Today I'm featuring the new Forest Pine Branch Die. Be sure to leave a comment at the end of this post for a chance to win this fabulous die.
Instead of a card today, I thought I would make a small gift pouch. I love these printed bags you can find in all the craft stores. This could be used as a gift card holder or a little treat bag.
- Die cut the Forest Pine Branch 3 times using Juniper cardstock.
- Cut a strip of Crimson cardstock and emboss it using the Large Snowflake Stencil. To emboss cardstock using a stencil you follow the same sandwich as if you were embossing using a die.
- Rub a White dye based ink pad over the embossed snowflakes.
- Trim the embossed cardstock and another piece of pattered cardstock to create banners.
- Adhere the banners to the front of the bag.
- Trim a strip of White cardstock to cover the top of the bag.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the White cardstock.
- Glue Pine Branches in place.
- Glue ribbon in place.
- Stamp saying on White cardstock and create a banner. Attach saying to bag.
I hope you enjoyed this project!
Memory Box products used:
- Forest Pine Branch Die #98909
- Large Snowflake Stencil #88586
- Merry Little Xmas Stamp #B1943
- Crimson, Juniper, White and Cranberry Gingham Cardstock
Thanks again for visiting and enjoy this week's blog posts. Remember to leave a comment to each designer post this week for a chance to win some new products. You have until 11pm EST on Sunday, Oct 26th to leave your comments. Winners will be announce on Monday, October 27th. Good luck!